The University of South Dakota, founded in 1862, is the state's flagship institution, the oldest university and is designated as the only public liberal arts university in South Dakota.
At USD you can:
- Pursue your passion. Choose from 206 undergraduate programs, majors and minors and 66 graduate programs.
- Do it all. From study abroad to Honors to internships and research, USD offers exceptional opportunities to help you succeed.
- Study under award-winning faculty who are experts in their field. Faculty members have earned state, regional and national recognition, and they speak at conferences throughout the world.
- Work with world-class researchers like Yuyu Sun and Jie Luo who developed a technology that uses light energy to develop new adhesives for tissue repair and Tim Heaton who has discovered human remains 10,000 years old while excavating in Alaska.
- Find a welcoming, vibrant campus in Vermillion. Recreational and cultural opportunities abound in the town, nearby countryside and neighboring communities.
- Enjoy abundant resources and opportunities. From concerts to D1 athletics to more than 120 student organizations and clubs, there are endless possibilities to get involved.
Not surprisingly, USD graduates can be found in leadership positions around the world. In South Dakota, 70 percent of the attorneys, 48 percent of physicians and half of the teachers all graduated from USD. Whatever your interest, we can help you develop the knowledge and skills you need to advance your career.
Ready to learn more? Contact us or come visit. We look forward to seeing you on campus.