Evaluation & Assessment
Office of Academic Evaluation and Assessment:
The mission of the Office of Academic Evaluation and Assessment is to assist USD in achieving its goals for continued academic improvement. As a service office we:
- Focus on academic assessment and coordinate the development and implementation of the USD Assessment Plan
- Provide information and analysis to assist in the evaluation for improvement of both student academics and the academic standing of the University
- Oversee the placement and proficiency testing process
- Proficiency and Placement Testing Requirements Our office administers testing including placement (COMPASS) and proficiency (CAAP) exams in accordance with SDBOR and other accreditation requirements.
- Student Learning Outcomes, Faculty & Administrative Assessment - Information and results from CAAP, IDEA, NSSE and the General Education Student Learning Outcomes (IGR's &SGR's), and the USD Assessment Plan.
Dale Pietrzak, Ed.D. Director, Academic Evaluation and Assessment
Lindsay Hayes, Test Administrator
Programmatic Assessment and Annual Reports. Find assessment reports, feedback, blank reporting forms, and scoring rubrics for USD degree programs.