Establish an Internship Program
An Internship Is...
- A structured learning experience in a professional work environment
- For academic credit or work experience
- Paid or non-paid depending on the employer, the needs of the student, and the academic area
- Full or part-time during a summer or semester
- A "bridge" between the classroom and work world, where a student is assigned professional and/or pre-professional tasks and responsibilities.
- Increase your organization's visibility on campus.
- Gives your organization a cost effective way to find talent for full-time positions.
- Allows your business/organization to receive valuable services from a USD student.
- Provides a student the opportunity to apply their academic knowledge to their career field.
- Allows a student to contribute to their profession prior to graduating.
- Gives a student the opportunity to show an organization the strong skills they might offer as a future employee.
To arrange an internship with your organization, please contact the USD Academic and Career Planning Center.