Document Shipping Options
International Student Services has two options available for the mailing of your documents:
Domestic mail takes approximately 5-7 days while overseas mail may take 1-4 weeks for delivery. You will receive an e-mail from the International Center once your documents are ready to be shipped. If you would like to use regular mail, please reply to this e-mail and confirm your address. If no response is received within two days, your documents will be sent by regular mail to the address indicated on your application, unless you choose the express mail option (option 2).
USD uses EShipGlobal, a reliable and secure express mail service for receiving documents from U.S. universities. By using this service, you may go online to request the documents be sent to your preferred address, pay for shipping costs with your credit card, and receive your documents in 3-5 business days anywhere in the world from the date of mailing. If you choose to have your documents sent through express mail, you must use the EShipGlobal service. Please do not work directly through the FedEx website.
Requesting your immigration documents through express mail is at your expense and your credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover cards only) will be charged upon requesting the service. In order to request a shipment, please follow the steps below:
- Go to EShipGlobal
- Click the Sign up button under the "students" section and create your account, user name and password.
- Choose "Receive a Package from Universities"
- Select the state of South Dakota from the drop-down box.
- Select "University of South Dakota" from the list of schools, and press Continue.
- Select "International Student Services" and press Continue.
- Complete the rest of the information (your mailing address and credit card information) to have your documents sent.
Please pay close attention to the information submitted, as errors in the credit card information or submitting incorrect or incomplete address information will result in a delay in the mailing of your documents. If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the "Help" link in the site for step by step instructions. If you have additional questions about how to use this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.