National Days of Service
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
January 20, 2014. Find out more about the activities and special events happening at USD during these two days by visiting Keeping the Dream Alive.
- January 20, 2014 - A day ON...not a day off!
- Remember Dr. King and honor his memory by serving others. Individuals, families and groups will join in service projects in their communities and neighborhoods. Contact: Corporation for National and Community Service; 1201 New York Ave. NW, 8th Floor, Washington DC 20525; 202-606-5000.
National Volunteer Week
- April 6 - 13, 2014
- National Volunteer Week recognizes and celebrates the tremendous efforts of volunteers. Volunteer Centers, nonprofits, businesses, government agencies, hospitals, faith-based organizations, and schools utilize National Volunteer Week to highlight their own volunteers and support service projects in the community. Contact: The Points of Light Foundation; 1400 I St., NW, Suite 800; Washington DC 20005; 202-729-8168;1-800-VOLUNTEER.
- April 22, 2014
- Since the first Earth Day, April 22, 1970, Earth Day has been an annual event for people around the world to celebrate the earth and renew our commitment to building a safer, healthier and cleaner world for all of us. Contact: Earth Day Network, 1616 P Street NW, Suite 340, Washington, DC 20036; 202-518-0044.
Make a Difference Day
- October 26, 2013 - A National Day to Help Others
- Make A Difference Day is the most encompassing national day of helping others - a celebration of neighbors helping neighbors.
- Created by USA WEEKEND Magazine, Make A Difference Day is an annual event on the fourth Saturday of every October