Learn Through Service
Connect your classroom learning to community action. Service-learning is a form of experiential education where you apply concepts learned in the classroom to real world problems and community projects.
- Provide real-life experiences.
- Promote leadership skills and personal growth.
- Meet actual community needs.
- Foster civic responsibility.
- Provide opportunities to investigate career options.
Community Partnership Database:
The Center for Academic Engagement acts as the clearinghouse to bring students and community together. Through our Community Partnership Database, several hundred agencies offer volunteer opportunities to students, and larger projects for classes.
Karl Reasoner, Coordinator for Academic Engagement