We live in a globalized society that demands an understanding of and ability to work with people from a variety of cultures. While a well-rounded academic curriculum certainly sets you on that path, nothing can compare to direct experience.
Studying abroad broadens your world perspective and distinguishes you from other students. Watch a Short Video Clip of Rick Steves a travel guide and TV show host discussing the benefits of studying abroad.
We offer over 200 study abroad opportunities on six continents. In addition to 'traditional' study abroad, we also provide support to students wishing to volunteer, intern or research abroad.
Students who study away:
- Gain a new perspective on their academic field of study
- Improve their language skills
- Explore a new culture
- Gain independence and increase self-reliance
- Become more prepared to work in a global economy
- Set themselves apart from other job and grad school applicants
- Learn more about themselves and their own culture
- Transform their outlook on the world
Sarah Hirsch Wittmuss - Director, Center for Academic Engagement
Eric Leise, Assistant Director for Global Learning
Email Eric.Leise@usd.edu; Phone 605-677-5407