Information for Students
Ready to Apply?
Applicants Must Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Be a South Dakota resident
- Be a full-time, undergraduate, degree-seeking student
- Complete at least 30 credit hours per academic year (Fall, Spring, Summer) while in the program
- Earn satisfactory grades and make satisfactory progress towards graduation
- Have proficiency, or the ability to gain proficiency, in information technology experience and skills to help assist faculty
- Maintain a GPA of 3.00 during the time spent in the program
Requirements of the Tech Fellow:
- Each student offered a fellowship must formally accept the requirements and expectations for the program (Institutions may award up to one hour of credit as part of the program.)
- Tech Fellows are expected to provide around 11 hours per week
- Student Tech Fellows must give an ePortfolio presentation and participate in an exit interview before the conclusion of the spring semester
Application and Selection Procedure:
- All Applicants should complete a Tech Fellow Application.
- A committee consisting of faculty, administrators, computer support staff, and the Tech Fellows Program Manager will review all applications, contact supervisors (if the applicant is a returning Tech Fellow), and make appointments for applicants.
- Tech Fellows will be selected by July 30th or until all positions have been filled, whichever is later. Preference will be given to returning Tech Fellows; however, efforts will be made to assure a proportional number of appointments for new Tech Fellows.
|Tech Fellow Information for Current Students.|