Admission to USD:
- The accommodation process begins with admission to USD. Admissions decisions are made without regard to disability. All prospective students, including students with disabilities, are expected to present academic credentials at or above the minimum standards for admission.
- Students are not required to disclose their disability during the admissions process. However, a student may meet with Disability Services at any point during the admissions process by letting their admissions counselor know they would like to meet with Disability Services
Meet with Disability Services and Self Disclose Disability:
- Once a student has been admitted to USD, the student’s must meet with Disability Services and self disclose their disability in order to request and receive reasonable and appropriate accommodations while attending USD. Students must complete the Student Registration Form when they meet with Disability Services
- Students may self disclose their disability at any time during their academic career, however, students are encouraged to self disclose their disability prior to the beginning of classes.
Provide Disability Documentation:
- Students must provide Disability Services with professional documentation of their disability. Documentation requirements vary according to the unique and individual nature of each student's disability. Students will need to complete the Release of Information Form if Disability Services is requesting documentation on behalf of the student.
- Learning disabilities, Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), traumatic brain injuries, and most psychiatric disabilities may require a full psycho-educational test battery as documentation.
- Reasonable and Appropriate accommodations are provided to allow full and equal access to all the programs and services of USD for students with disabilities. USD is not required to lower standards or academic requirements or make modifications that would fundamentally alter the service, program or activity.
- Accommodations are tailored to the unique and individual needs of each student and to the academic requirements of each class.