It's Not What You Think!
The Honors Program at USD is not about courses that move faster and cover more material. It is about developing you into a person who is passionate about contributing to society and prepared for a rapidly changing world. It is about offering enriched educational opportunities for academically talented and highly motivated students. It is more than 40 years of experience delivering the best education a University has to offer: engaging, stimulating and rewarding!
The Honors Advantage:
- An emphasis on integrating and applying knowledge
- A close supportive community of 350 exceptional students
- Intellectual challenge
- Innovative teaching methods
- An alternative core curriculum
- Small classes taught by the best professors on campus
- Individualized academic advising
- Enhanced seminars, research, internships and travel
- Opportunities for leadership beginning in your first year
What Are YOU Doing?
USD alum Brian Shephard is changing the lives around him. Brian not only received a great education, but he in-turn is providing a great education to Minneapolis youth.
|Watch the story of KIPP Stand Academy|
The majority of honors graduates pursue graduate and professional training at some of the best institutions in the U.S. and the world. Over the past five years, Honors graduates have a 96 percent placement rate in graduate and professional programs.
We look forward to visiting with you.
Scott Breuninger, Director
Susan Hackemer, Associate Director
Drew Espeseth, Program Coordinator