It's Not What You Think!
The Honors Program at USD is not about courses that move faster and cover more material. It is about developing you into a person who is passionate about contributing to society and prepared for a rapidly changing world. It is about offering enriched educational opportunities for academically talented and highly motivated students. It is more than 40 years of experience delivering the best education a University has to offer: engaging, stimulating and rewarding!
The Honors Advantage:
- An emphasis on integrating and applying knowledge
- A close supportive community of 350 exceptional students
- Intellectual challenge
- Innovative teaching methods
- An alternative core curriculum
- Small classes taught by the best professors on campus
- Individualized academic advising
- Enhanced seminars, research, internships and travel
- Opportunities for leadership beginning in your first year
Honors Student Success
Honors students Collin, Erin and Josh discuss their recent successes in public health research and international summer academic programs as well as the role the Honors Program played in their achievements.
We look forward to visiting with you.
Scott Breuninger, Director
Susan Hackemer, Associate Director
Drew Espeseth, Program Coordinator