Educational Talent Search
What is Educational Talent Search?
This program identifies and assists primarily individuals from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to the postsecondary institution of their choice. Talent Search also serves high school dropouts by encouraging them to reenter the education system and complete their education. The goal of Talent Search is to increase the number of youths from disadvantaged backgrounds who complete high school, enroll in postsecondary education institutions of their choice, and then complete their postsecondary education.
There is no cost to enroll in the Educational Talent Search program.
For more information, please view our brochure.
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling
- Advice on entry or re-entry to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial assistance
- Information on postsecondary education
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- ACT exam preparation
- Mentoring programs
- Study skills development
- College orientation and success activities
Find us on Facebook at USD TRIO Educational Talent Search.