Educational Talent Search
What is Educational Talent Search?
This program identifies and assists individuals primarily from disadvantaged backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to the postsecondary institution of their choice. Educational Talent Search also serves high school dropouts by encouraging them to reenter the education system and complete their education. The goal of Educational Talent Search is to assure that more youth from disadvantaged backgrounds will complete high school, enroll in postsecondary institutions of their choice, and then complete their postsecondary education.
There is no cost to enroll in the TRiO Educational Talent Search program.
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling
- Advice on entry or re-entry to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information on postsecondary education
- Assistance in completing:
- college admissions
- financial aid applications
- scholarship applications
- ACT exam preparation and registration
- Study skills development
- College orientation and success activities
Find us on Facebook at USD TRIO Educational Talent Search.