Getting invited to an interview signals that the organization thinks you’ve got the right experience and skill set to do the job, but most people fail to impress in their interviews. Follow these strategies to make sure you ace the interview:
- Research the company to demonstrate initiative
- Prepare your “60-second summary” or “elevator speech” as you will almost always be asked to “tell me a little about yourself.” ACPC can help you develop an appropriate response.
- Prepare questions to ask the interviewer to show a genuine interest in the position.
- Bring extra copies of your resumé and a list of references.
- Meet with a Career Advisor for a mock interview to receive feedback and polish your interviewing skills.
- Opening Moves
- Dress for success!
- Arrive early
- Utilize effective verbal and non-verbal communication
- The Interview
- Give quality answers to questions
- Emphasize your strengths
- Be honest
- Remain calm
- Ask questions
- Close the interview positively
- Follow Up
- Send a thank you note
- Make a follow-up phone call
For more assistance with the interview process, please make an appointment with our staff through Starfish.
Make an Appointment