The bicycle registration program is a free service available to students, faculty and staff.
To Register Your Bicycle:
- Take your bicycle to the University Police Department.
- An officer will take your information and place a USD tag on your bicycle.
Tips to Deter Bicycle Theft:
- Lock your bicycle to a fixed object every time it is left unattended.
- Secure the bicycle around the wheels and frame of the bike to the fixed object.
- Keep the purchase receipt for your bicycle along with all receipts of accessories. If your bicycle is stolen, this information is helpful to Police Officers and your insurance company.
- Make sure you can accurately describe your bicycle should it be stolen. Make, model, color, size, accessories, damaged areas, serial number are all important. Photos are extremely helpful.
- If living in the residence halls, take your bicycle home when the school year ends.