Report A Crime
Whether you are a victim of or witness to a crime, you have the responsibility to promptly and accurately report crime. If a crime occurs on or around the USD campus, report it immediately to University Police. Crimes occurring off-campus should be reported to the Vermillion Police Department.
Provide This Information:
- Describe the incident: what, where and when
- Injuries you or another have sustained
- Did the suspect(s) have a weapon
- When and where was the suspect last seen
- What did the suspect(s) look like (gender, race, age, height, weight, hair color, clothing, facial hair, tattoos, etc.).
Confidential Reporting of a Crime:
If you do not want to pursue action within USD's conduct system or criminal justice system:
- Submit a SILENT WITNESS FORM without revealing your identity. This keeps the matter confidential, while taking steps to help ensure your safety and that of others
- Victim Advocacy Resources. Many resources are available in myU Portal for victims of sexual assault seeking counseling, medical and legal assistance.
In addition to University Police, you may contact the following to report criminal/suspicious activity:
|Dean of Students||605-677-5331||E-mail: email@example.com|
|Student Rights & Responsibilities||605-677-6030||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|