Report A Crime
Whether you are a victim of or witness to a crime, you have the responsibility to promptly and accurately report crime. If a crime occurs on or around the USD campus, report it immediately to University Police. Crimes occurring off-campus should be reported to the Vermillion Police Department.
Provide This Information:
- Describe the incident: what, where and when
- Injuries you or another have sustained
- Did the suspect(s) have a weapon
- When and where was the suspect last seen
- What did the suspect(s) look like (gender, race, age, height, weight, hair color, clothing, facial hair, tattoos, etc.).
Confidential Reporting of a Crime:
If you do not want to pursue action within USD's conduct system or criminal justice system:
- Submit a SILENT WITNESS FORM without revealing your identity. This keeps the matter confidential, while taking steps to help ensure your safety and that of others
- Victim Advocacy Resources: Many resources are available for victims of sexual assault seeking counseling, medical and legal assistance.
In addition to University Police, you may contact the following to report criminal/suspicious activity:
|Dean of Students||605-677-5331||E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Student Rights & Responsibilities||605-677-6030||E-mail: email@example.com|