Summer Bridge July 18-August 12, 2016
The University of South Dakota's Summer Bridge Program is a four-week program that allows first-time freshmen to acclimate to academic life at USD prior to entering the fall semester. The Summer Bridge Program allows you to bridge the gap between high school and college through class work and social activities while you meet new friends, network with faculty and establish yourself at USD.
Summer Bridge Program Benefits
- Get a head start on your academic career by completing required courses during the summer
- Receive personalized attention through small classes sizes, individual mentoring and required study table sessions to help develop successful study skills and promote academic success
- Become familiar with academic expectations, campus resources and opportunities
- Explore the city and the region through Saturday trips.
- Meet your classmates through daily recreational and social events
- Opportunities for summer employment on campus.
Summer Bridge Program Courses (7 credit hours)
- Fundamentals of Speech Communication (SPCM 101)
- Pre-College Algebra (MATH 095) or College Algebra (MATH 102)
- Introduction to Leadership (MSL 194) (Tuition free to Summer Bridge students. Students will be responsible for USD course fees only.)
- If you have already received credit for college algebra or speech, but would like to participate in the Summer Bridge program, contact Erin Chapman for alternative course options. Erin.Chapman@usd.edu or 605-658-6234.
Costs for the Summer Bridge Program are based on tuition and fees set by the South Dakota Board of Regents/
Estimated costs (tuition, fee, room, board) for the Summer Bridge Program:
- Housing: $267
- Meals: $440
- Tuition & Fees: $1,973.30 (in-state), $2,645.30 (out-of-state)
- Total: $2,680.30 (in-state), $3,352.30 (out-of-state)*
*Costs do not include books
Payment Plan Options:
- Pay total bill up front this summer
- For an additional $40, set up a payment plan of $540 in June, $500 in July, $500 in August with the remaining amount added to your fall bill.
The Summer Bridge application is now closed, but contact Erin Chapman for more information.
For more information and answers to your questions about the Summer Bridge Program, please contact Erin Chapman in the Office of Admissions.