Anthropology, College of Arts & Sciences
UE East Hall 112
Anthropology, Archaeology, Animal and Human Osteology, Heritage, Food studies
South America, Andes, Zooarchaeology, Ritual, Animal Domestication, Bone Technology, Food Practices and Nutrition, Social Complexity, State Formation
- Ph D, Anthropology, Stanford University, 2011
- MA, Anthropology, Stanford University, 2006
- Licenciatura, Anthropology, Universidad de Buenos Aires, 2002
- Sayre, M., Miller, M., Rosenfeld, S., Isotopic Evidence for the Trade and Production of Exotic Marine Mammal Bone Artifacts at Chavi´n de Hua´ntar, Peru, Archaeological and Anthropological Sciences. (DOI: http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12520-015-0230-y )
- Rosenfeld, S., Book Review of Centering Animals in Latin American History by Martha Few and Zeb Tortorici, editors. Duke University Press 2013. , Estudios Interdisciplinarios de America Latina y el Caribe.
- Rosenfeld, S., (2014), Guinea pig: Domestication, Encyclopedia of Global Archaeology, pp. 3172-3175. (DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4419-0465-2_2209)
- Rosenfeld, S., (2012), Wealth Display and Local Power in the Wari Empire, Nawpa Pacha, vol. 32, iss. 1, pp. 131-164. (DOI: 10.1179/naw.2012.32.1.131)
- Rosenfeld, S., (2008), Delicious Guinea Pigs: Seasonality studies and the use of fat in the pre-Columbian Andean diet, Quaternary International, vol. 180, pp. 127-134. (DOI: 10.1016/j.quaint.2007.08.011)
Awards and Honors:
- Travel Grant, Arts and Science, USD, 2014
- Working Group Grant, CLAS, Stanford University?, 2011
- Mellon Foundation Dissertation Fellowship, Mellon Foundation, 2010
- Graduate Research Opportunity Funds, School of Humanities and Sciences, Stanford University, 2008
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship, National Science Foundation , 2006
- Rosenfeld, S. (2014, November). Meat on the Bone, Meat out of the Bone: Ch'arki and Bone Tools at Chavín de Huántar. Presented at the Comparative Studies among the Formative Period Cultures in the Andes, National Museum of Ethnology, Osaka.
- Rosenfeld, S. (2014, January). Zooarchaeology at Chavin de Huantar. Presented at the Chavin: Towards a synthesis, Stanford University, California.
- Rosenfeld, S. (2013, April). Bone Tool Production and Psychoactive Plant Consumption at Chavín de Huántar. . Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archaeology, Honolulu, HI.
- Rosenfeld, S. (2012, November). Caravans in Imperial Context: the Role of Camelid Caravans during the Middle Horizon in Peru.. Presented at the American Anthropological Association Annual Meeting,, San Francisco, CA.
- Rosenfeld, S. (2012, April). Ritual and Foodways during the Wari Empire (AD 600-900): a Zooarchaeological Perspective. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Society of American Archaeology, Memphis, TN.
- Rosenfeld, S. (2012, January). Local Elites and Animal Meat in the Wari Empire. Presented at the Annual Meeting, Institute of Andean Studies, Berkeley, CA.