Biology, College of Arts & Sciences
UCL Churchill-Haines Labs 170C
- Ph D, Zoology, University of Toronto, 1989
- MS, Zoology, University of Alberta, 1983
- BS, Entomology, University of Alberta, 1978
- Evaluation of the potential impacts of the I355 extension on the ecology,, Illinois State Toll Highway Authority, (2013 - 2015)
- Captive Rearing Program to facilitate habitat evaluation, head-starting, and population augmentation for the Hine's emerald dragonfly (Somatochlora hineana) in Illinois., Illinois Dept of Natural Resources, (2012 - 2014)
- Population Estimation and Preliminary Genetic Baseline Assessment for the Hine’s emerald dragonfly (Somatochlora hineana) in coastal wetlands of the Great Lakes, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, (2010)
- Implementation of Recovery Action for the HED in Illinois and Wisconsin, Illinois Department of Natural Resources, (2009)
- Estimating the effects of herbicide application to habitat of the Hine’s emerald dragonfly (Somatochlora hineana)., US Fish and Wildlife Service, (2010 - 2013)
- Hine’s Emerald Dragonfly Population and Genetic Surveys at MacMahon Fen, US Fish and Wildlife Service, (2012 - 2013)
- Brown, J. R., Soluk, D., (2012), Lockport Crude Oil Release: HINE’S EMERALD DRAGONFLY (SOMATOCHLORA HINEANA) SURVEYS, p. 7.
- Nannini, M. A., Goodrich, J., Dettmers, J. M., Soluk, D., Wahl, D. H., Larval and early juvenile fish dynamics in main channel and backwater lake habitats of the Illinois River ecosystem, Ecology of Freshwater Fish.
- Soluk, D., Britten, H., Monroe, E., (2012), Evaluation of the potential impacts of the I355 extension on the ecology, behavior, population genetics, and distribution of the endangered Hine’s emerald dragonfly (Somatochlora hineana) in the, p. 40.
- Yager, L. A., Dixon, M., Cowman, T., Soluk, D., (2011), Historic changes (1941-2008) in side channel and backwater habitats within an unchannelized reach of the Missouri River., River Research and Applications.
- Soluk, D., Zercher, D., Worthington, A., (2011), INFLUENCE OF ROADWAYS ON PATTERNS OF MORTALITY AND FLIGHT BEHAVIOR OF ADULT DRAGONFLIES NEAR WETLAND AREAS, Biological Conservation/ Elsevier.
- Monroe, E., Lynch, C., Soluk, D., Britten, H., (2010), Nonlethal tissue sampling techniques and microsatellite markers used for first report of genetic diversity in two populations of the endangered Somatochlora hineana (Odonata: Corduliidae). Annals of the Entomological Society of America, 103:1012-1017., Annals of the Entomological Society of America., vol. 103, pp. 1012-1017.
- Monroe, E., Soluk, D., Britten, H. (2011, May). Conservation genetics of the Hine’s emerald dragonfly (Somatochlora hineana) in heavily urbanized impacted and minimally affected areas of its range. Presented at the North American Benthological Society Annual Meeting, Providence, RI.
- Quist, D. J., Cowman, T., Dixon, M., Soluk, D. (2011, March). Temporal and spatial trends of various water quality parameters and chlorophyll concentrations within the 59-mile reach of the Missouri National Recreational River (poster). Presented at the Missouri River Natural Resources Conference, Nebraska City, NE.
- Britten, H., Soluk, D. (2010, December). Conservation Biology of the Hine's Emerald Dragonfly.