Bioinformatics, Computational Systems Biology, Biostatistics, Algorithm, Data Mining, Data Structure, Programing Language.
I am recruiting post-doctoral associates, graduate (both PhD and Master levels) and undergraduate students. If you are interested in doing research in bioinformatics, computational systems biology, and biological data mining, and are interested in joining my group, please email me. If you are already on USD campus, welcome to stop by. The research interests of my group are in the general areas of bioinformatics, computational systems biology, and biological big data mining. Currently, work of my group focuses on developing and applying algorithms and computational tools for analyzing high-throughput biological data including next-generation sequencing data, metagenomics data, SNPs data, and many more. The research projects of my group are related to functional genomic data analysis, comparative genomics analysis, biological big data mining, gene expression data analysis, promoter sequence data analysis, protein-protein interaction data mining, functional gene network analysis, and mining gene ontology.
- Ph D, Computer Science, Florida International University, 2008
- MS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2001
- BS, Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1998
- Bioinformatic Development for Mining Genomic Patterns Corresponding for Ecological Adapting through Massive Microbial Whole Genome Sequences, Office of Research, University of Notre Dame, (2013)
Awards and Honors:
- Faculty Research Support Program Award, University of Notre Dame, 2013
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, Florida International University, 2008
- Excellence Award, Florida International University, 2007
- Presidential Fellowship, Florida International University, 2003
- Zeng, E. (2014, September). Mining Massive Genomic Data to Understand Microbial Functions. Presented at the Fall Seminar Series - Invited Speaker, SDSU Department of Plant Science, USDA-ARS North Central Agricultural Research Laboratory, Brookings, SD.
- Zeng, E. (2014, March). Challenges and opportunities: when biology meets big data. Presented at the TSRI Research Seminar Series, Saban Research Institute, Children's Hospital Los Angeles, CA.
- Zeng, E., Zhang, W., Liu, D., Jones, S., Emrich, S. (2012, December). Gene content based functional trait analysis through comparative microbial whole genome sequences. Presented at the 10th Annual Rocky Mountain Bioinformatics Conference, Snowmass, CO.