Bioinformatics, Computational Systems Biology, Biostatistics, Algorithm, Data Mining, Data Structure, Programing Language.
I am looking for post-doctoral associates and graduate students (both PhD and Master levels). If you are interested in doing research in bioinformatics, computational systems biology, and biological data mining, and are interested in joining my group, please email me. If you are already on USD campus, welcome to stop by. My research interests are in the general areas of Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, and Data Mining. Currently, my research focuses on developing and applying algorithms and computational tools for high-throughput biological data including next-generation sequencing data, metagenomics data, SNPs data, and many more. I am also heavily involved in projects related to functional genomic data analysis, microarray data analysis, and promoter sequence data analysis. In addition, I have worked on projects including data mining on heterogeneous biological data, motif discovery using gene expression data and comparative genomics data, gene function prediction using protein-protein interaction data, and functional gene network prediction using gene ontology information.
- Ph D, Computer Science, Florida International University, 2008
- MS, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 2001
- BS, Biotechnology, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 1998
- Bioinformatic Development for Mining Genomic Patterns Corresponding for Ecological Adapting through Massive Microbial Whole Genome Sequences, Office of Research, University of Notre Dame, (2013)
Awards and Honors:
- Faculty Research Support Program Award, University of Notre Dame, 2013
- Dissertation Year Fellowship, Florida International University, 2008
- Excellence Award, Florida International University, 2007
- Presidential Fellowship, Florida International University, 2003
- Zeng, E. (2014, September). Mining Massive Genomic Data to Understand Microbial Funcons. Presented at the Fall Seminar Series - Invited Speaker, SDSU Department of Plant Science, USDA-ARS North Central Agricultural Research Laboratory, Brookings, SD.
- Zeng, E. (2014, March). Challenges and opportunities: when biology meets big data. Presented at the TSRI Research Seminar Series, Saban Research Institute, Children's Hospital Los Angeles, CA.
- Zeng, E., Zhang, W., Liu, D., Jones, S., Emrich, S. (2012, December). Gene content based functional trait analysis through comparative microbial whole genome sequences. Presented at the 10th Annual Rocky Mountain Bioinformatics Conference, Snowmass, CO.