You Might Like to Know:
- Nearly all of our upper-division courses have enrollments of 24 students or less.
- Brand new teaching and research laboratories.
- Over half of all medical students at USD's Medical School are graduates of our department.
- In the past few years, our faculty have received prestigious grants from federal sources such as the National Institute of Health and the National Science Foundation.
- In the past year alone, nearly half a million dollars in grant funding from state and regional sources has been awarded to our department to study the flora and fauna of the Midwest region.
Opportunities for department Scholarships are numerous, as well as graduate student travel funds, undergraduate research assistantships and research supply monies.
We'll provide you with a stepping stone to numerous career paths in a wide range of fields. Our grads go on to work in: