This program provides an opportunity for doctoral candidates at the University of South Dakota, South Dakota State University, or the South Dakota School of Mines and Technology with research interests in solar energy.
Key elements of the proposed IGERT model include:
- Interdisciplinary, cross-campus research rotations for graduate students.
- Advanced thematic coursework.
- A student-guided seminar series and symposium.
- Internships at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL).
- Internships in the solar-energy private sector.
- Educational outreach to K-16 students, with particular emphasis on Native American students.