Chemistry, College of Arts & Sciences
UPL Pardee Laboratory 316
1. Analytical Chemistry courses 2. Introductory chemistry courses 3. Secondary math and science teacher enhancement courses 4. Electrochemistry courses 5. Organic chemistry courses
Electrochemistry in general. Bioanalytical chemistry involving electrochemistry and liquid chromatography Liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry
- Ph D, Analytical Chemistry, University of North Dakota, 1985
- BA, majored in Chemistry and Mathematics, Mayville State College (now Mayville State University), 1979
- Mei, D., Yin, Z., Spaans, J., Koppang, M., Hime, A., Keller, C., Gehman, V. M., (2010), Predication of Underground Argon Content for Dark Matter Experiments, Physics Review C, vol. 81, p. 055802.
- Koppang, M., Russell, J. D., John, D. M., , (2007), Selective Analysis of Secondary Amino Acids in Gelatin Using Pulsed Electrochemical Detection, Analytical Chemistry, vol. 79, pp. 6615-6621.
- Sereda, G., Van Heukelom,, J., Koppang, M., Ramreddy, S., Collins, N., (2006), Effect of transannular interaction on the redox-potentials in a series of bicyclic quinones, Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, No. 26. / Beilstein Institute, vol. 2.
- Koppang, M., Williams, C. K., (2006), Selective Analysis of Secondary Amines using Liquid Chromatography with Electrochemical Detection (LC-EC), Electroanalysis, vol. 18, iss. 21, pp. 2121-2127.
- Kramer, J., Dawson, J., Mottishaw, W., Mahran, K., Sereda, G., Koppang, M., (2012, October). Electrochemical analysis of hydroquinone functionalized silica nanoparticles MWRM-231. Presented at the 47th Midwest Regional Meeting of the American Chemical Society, Omaha, NE.
- Koppang, M., Larson, A. (2012, March). Electrochemical investigation of 4-fluoroanisole. Presented at the National Conference on Undergraduate Research, Weber State University, Ogden, Utah.
- Koppang, M., Schelble, S. (2011, August). "Undergraduate chemistry program and student assessment with the DUCK (Diagnostic Undergraduate Chemical Knowledge) exams" presented in the Current Practice and Research Using ACS Exams Symposium. Presented at the 242nd ACS National Meeting & Exposition, Denver Colorado.
- Berry, M., Koppang, M. (2010, August). Development of student skills in the first two years of the chemistry curriculum. Presented at the Biennial Conference on Chemical Education, Dallas, TX.
- DeWitt, K., Berry, M., Koppang, M., Vitt, J., Earl, G., Weisshaar, D. (2010, April). Bringing Authentic Research into the General Chemistry Laboratory Curriculum: Northern Plains Undergraduate Research Center. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the South Dakota Academy of Science, Spearfish, SD.
- Koppang, M., Kuhlman, P., Daugaard, D., Ezrailson, C., Keller, C. (2010, April). The Horse Before the Cart and Big Kids Teach Little Kids: An alternative Approach for Science and Math Education in South Dakota. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the South Dakota Academy of Science, Spearfish, SD.
- Ezrailson, C., Koppang, M., Johnson, A., Tatina, R., Dewitt, K., Kuhlman, P., Daugaard, D. (2010, April). Bridging the Gap: Expanding Science Classroom Experiences using New and Web-based Technologies. Presented at the South Dakota Academy of Sciences Conference, Spearfish, SD.
- Ezrailson, C., Keller, C., Koppang, M. (2009, March). A Partnership for the Master’s of Natural Science: Combining Resources to Provide Content in Physics and Chemistry for High School Teachers. Presented at the Physics Teaching Education Coalition Conference, Pittsburgh, PA.