Applications with no Student ID will be deleted
- You must be admitted to a program before you apply.
- Fellowship applications from non-admitted students will be deleted, as will applications that are received after the deadline.
- Applications without an essay will not be considered.
- The fall application deadline is May 1. Spring deadline is Nov 1.
Award Amount: up to $1,000 per year
- Be accepted to a degree-seeking program by May 1/Nov 1.
- Be in your first semester of graduate study in computer science.
- New graduate students must have a 3.25 GPA on the last 60 hours of their undergraduate coursework.
- Enroll full-time (9 credit hours for the semester awarded).
*Meeting minimum requirements does not guarantee an award. If you are not admitted to a program by May 1/Nov 1 you will not qualify for the award.
- The new Graduate Fellowships only cover the first year. Second year students should speak with their advisor about the possibility of an assistantship, visit Academic and Career Planning Center (login required) to look for on-campus work, or apply for other scholarships.
- Only first year, full-time students are eligible for this particular scholarship, and may only apply for their semester of entry.
- Be sure to complete all fields on the application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- We receive hundreds of applications, so be sure your paragraph explaining why you deserve the scholarship really stands out from the crowd.
- You may be eligible for other scholarships, so we encourage you submit an application for other awards.