Contemporary Media & Journalism, College of Arts & Sciences
UNM Al Neuharth Media Center 205C
I am a professor of public relations and advertising and have held leadership positions in the two largest groups of PR educators. I taught at Kansas State for 14 years and here since 2005.
Public relations, Advertising, Integrated Marketing Communication, Research Methods, and Mass Communication Business Communication
Pedagogy issues in Public Relations and Advertising education PR/Ad/Marketing activities as they relate to the entertainment industries: travel & tourism, sports and movies, in particular.
- Ph D, Communication studies - Organizational Comm, University of Nebraska, 1992
- MA, Speech Communication, South Dakota State University, 1984
- BS, Political Science, South Dakota State University, 1982
- Lubbers, C., Bourland-Davis, P. G., DeSanto, B., (2012), An Exploration of Public Relations Internship Site Supervisors’ Practices, Business Research Yearbook, vol. 19, iss. 2, pp. 511-8.
- Fall, L., Lubbers, C., (2011), Illustration by examination: Using segmentation analysis as a public relations research tool to differentiate America’s travelling public. , PRism, vol. 8, iss. 2.
- Lubbers, C., (2011), An assessment of predictors of student peer evaluations of team work in the capstone campaigns course, Public Relations Review, vol. 37, iss. 5, pp. 492-498.
- Fall, L., Lubbers, C., (2011), Travelers’ Perceptions of Tennessee: It’s a Rocky Top State (of Mind), Business Research Yearbook, pp. 22-28.
- Fall, L., Lubbers, C., (2010), Assessing an expanding niche market: Determining how IMC information sources predict participation in agritourism activities among vacation travels. , International Journal of Integrated Marketing Communications, vol. 2, iss. 1, pp. 17-28.
- Fall, L., Lubbers, C., (2010), Travelers’ selection of attractions and activities as compared to preferred IMC communication factors, International Academy of Business Disciplines and European Academy of Management and Business Economics, vol. 17, iss. 1, pp. 42-48.
Awards and Honors:
- 2012 PRIDE Award, National Communication Association - Public Relations Division, 2012
- Outstanding Service Award, Journalism & Communication Monographs, 2011
- Leadership Award, AEJMC-Public Relations Division, 2006
- Presidential Citation, Assoc for Educators in Journalism and Mass Comm., 2006
- Best Ethics Paper, International Academy of Business Disciplines, 2004
- Top Paper Award, Public Relations Division, AEJMC, 2003
- Service Award, National Communication Association, 2002
- Palmer Award for Teaching Excellence, Miller School of Journalism and Mass Communication, KSU, 2001
- Top Paper Award, Public Relations Division - AEJMC, 1999
- Top Paper Award, Teaching Standards Committee - AEJMC, 1999
- Top Paper Award, Public Relations Division - AEJMC, 1996
- Lubbers, C., Fall, L. T. (2012, August). Tenacious Tweeting, Bellowing Blogging, Fanatical FaceBooking, Yappy YouTubing: Using Industry Cases as Teaching Tools. Presented at the AEJMC Annual Conference, Chicaco.
- Lubbers, C., Bourland-Davis, P. G., DeSanto, B. (2012, April). An Exploration of Public Relations Internship Site Supervisors' Practices. Presented at the Annual Meeting, Long Beach, CA.
- Lubbers, C. (2012, April). Faculty Consultants: Conflict of Interest, Intellectual Property and other Policies. Presented at the Annual Meeting, Long Beach, CA.
- Lubbers, C. (2011, August). Anticipating Professional Needs with Internship Feedback on Assessment. Presented at the AEJMC Annual Conference, Boston.
- Fall, L. T., Lubbers, C. (2011, April). Travelers’ Perceptions of the State of Tennessee. Presented at the IABD Annual Conference, New Orleans.
- Lubbers, C. (2010, August).
- Fall, L. T., Lubbers, C. (2010, April). Travelers’ Selection of Attractions and Activities . Presented at the Annual Conference, Las Vegas, NV.