Contemporary Media & Journalism, College of Arts & Sciences
UNM Al Neuharth Media Center 210
I have been at USD since 1987 as a coach, designer and educator and enjoy the lifestyle of Vermillion and the USD campus.
I enjoy working with students and exploring the imaging and graphical side of media.
My research interests are seeing how images work in the media.
- Ed.S, Technology for Education & Training , University of South Dakota, 2000
- MS, Sports Management, United States Sports Academy, 1984
- BA, Recreation Administration, Lakeland College, 1983
Awards and Honors:
- Outstanding Course Design, National University Continuing Education Association , 2003
- Special Award of Merit , South Dakota Board of Regents, 2003
- Technology for Training & Development Award , University of South Dakota, 1999
- Larson, G. (2007, March). Using iTunes & Podcasting. Presented at the Teaching & Learning symposium, Vermillion.
- Larson, G. (2006, April). Creating Audio/Video Podcasts. Presented at the Technology In Education Conference, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Larson, G. (2003, October). Using flash in Web CT. Presented at the Stop Surfing and Start Teaching Conference, Las Vegas, NV.
- Larson, G. (2002, April). Innovations in Nursing Instruction. Presented at the Web CT User Internation Conference, Boston, MA.
- Larson, G. (2002, April). The Evolution of a Nursing Course. Presented at the Innovations in On-Line Learning , Brookings, SD.
- Larson, G. (2001, October). Online, now What?. Presented at the Innovations in Education, Rapid City, SD.
- Larson, G. (2000, April). Faculty Development and Incentives. Presented at the Syllabus International Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico.