Brennan T. Jordan
Mineralogy, Petrology, Structural Geology, Meteorology
Igneous Petrology, Tectonics
- Ph D, Geology, Oregon State University, 2002
- MS, Geology, Idaho State University, 1994
- BA, Geology, Hofstra University, 1990
- Northern Arizona University, 1990
- The Hrafnfjorder Central Volcano, Northwestern Iceland, Keck Geology Consortium (NSF-REU funded organization), (2011 - 2012)
- Jordan, B.
- Jordan, B. (2012, December). Petrologic diversity of Hrafnfjordur central volcano, northwest Iceland: Iceland's oldest central volcano. Presented at the Fall Meeting of the American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, CA.
- Jordan, B. (2012, October). Mixing and Mingling: Petrologic Intrigue in the Tertiary of Iceland. Presented at the South Dakota School of Mines & Technology Geology Seminar Series, Rapid City, SD.
- Jordan, B. (2012, April). The diversity of undergraduate sustainability curricula: A rapidly expanding major in higher education. Presented at the South Dakota Academy of Sciences Annual Meeting, Vermillion, SD.
- Jordan, B., Meagen, P., Fromm, J. (2012, April). Iceland Keck 2011: The Hrafnfjordur central volcano. Presented at the Annual Symposium of the Keck Geology Consortium, Amherst, MA.
- Jordan, B. (2011, November). Afield in the Land of Fire and Ice: Science and Experiences of Four Undergraduate Research Expeditions to Iceland. Presented at the Sigma Xi , Vermillion, SD.
- Jordan, B., Terry, M. P. (2010, December). Petrotectonic interpretation of the Yates unit of the Poorman Formation (DUSEL bedrock) in the context of other northern Black Hills meta-basalts. Presented at the Fall Meeting of the American Geophysical Union, San Francisco, CA.
- Jordan, B. (2010, November). Golf balls and glass: An investigation of magmatic processes in a waning rift in Iceland. Presented at the Stout Lecture Series - University of Nebraska, Lincoln, NE.
- Jordan, B., Terry, M. P. (2010, April). Geochemistry and tectonics of the Yates unit of the Poorman Formation (DUSEL Bedrock) in the context of other Northern Black Hills amphibolite. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the Rocky Mountain Section of the Geological Society of America, Rapid City, SD.
- Jordan, B. (2010, February). The Plume Controversy--Getting Students Engaged with Science and the Conduct of Science . Presented at the Understanding Deep Earth: National Association of Geoscience Teachers (NAGT) - On the Cutting Edge Workshop, Webinar.