Timothy H. Heaton
Historical geology, paleontology, dinosaurs, oceanography energy, the evolution/creation debate, and the philosophy of science
Ice Age cave faunas of North America (especially mammals and bird fossils), patterns of evolution in the fossil record
- Ph D, Geological Sciences, Harvard University, 1988
- MS, Geology, Brigham Young University, 1984
- BS, Geology, Brigham Young University, 1983
- Paleontological resources of Ragged Cave, neary Ely, Nevada, Humbolt National Forest, (2011 - 2011)
- Dixon, E. J., Heaton, T., Lee, C. M., Fifield, T. E., Coltrain, J. B., Kemp, B. M., Owsley, D. W., Parrish, E., Turner, C. G., Edgar, H. J., Worl, R. K., Smith, D. G., Farmer, G. L., (2014), Evidence of Maritime Adaptation and Coastal Migration from Southeast Alaska, Texas A&M University Press, pp. 537-548.
- Pauli, J. N., Moss, W. E., Manlick, P. J., Fountain, E. D., Kirby, R., Sultaire, S. M., Perrig, P. L., Mendoza, J. E., Pokallus, J. W., Heaton, T., Promoting an exotic or protecting an endemic? Uncertain histories, differing benchmarks and species management, Conservation Biology.
- Heaton, T., (2013), Mapping the Origins Debate: Six Models of the Beginning of Everything, National Center for Science Education, vol. 33, iss. 6, pp. 1-3.
- Gilleland, T., Taylor, S. J., Szukalski, B., Deveny, S., Heaton, T., (2012), Caves Resources of the Schell Range and Northern Snake Range, Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, White Pine County, Nevada, A report submitted to Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, p. 257 pages.
- Smith, J., Heaton, T., (2012), Tongass Site Inventory Record: Lawyer's Cave (PET-482), Petersburg Ranger District, Tongass National Forest, p. 20 pages.
Awards and Honors:
- South Dakota Regents Award for Research, University of South Dakota, 2001
- Heaton, T. (2012, April). Brands of Creationism. Presented at the Cultivating Questions Forum, USD, Vermillion, SD.
- Heaton, T. (2011, September). Can Christianity be Reconciled With Evolution?. Presented at the Humanities Research Forum, USD School of Business.
- Heaton, T. (2011, March). The Great Nuclear Dilemma. Presented at the International Forum, Fraber Hall, USD.