Languages, Linguistics and Philosophy: Other, College of Arts & Sciences
USL Slagle Hall/Auditorium 301B
Linguistics, Phonetics and Phonology, Lakota, Quechua, American Indian Languages, Language Structures, Physics and Astronomy
Acoustic Phonetics, Phonology, Language Revitalization, and Field Research
- Ph D, Linguistics, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2010
- MS, Physics, University of Colorado at Boulder, 1998
- BS, Physics, University of California, Los Angeles, 1995
Awards and Honors:
- A&S Travel Grant, USD College of Arts and Science, 2012
- Documenting the Wichita Language in Music, Endangered Language Fund, 2007
- Mirzayan, A. (2012, November). Lakota/Dakota Language Revitalization Processes, Prospects, and Challenges. Presented at the Language Meeting on Veteran's Day , Wagner, SD.
- Mirzayan, A. (2012, November). Phonological Pitch Range Relations in Lakota. Presented at the High Desert Linguistic Society Conference, Albuquerque, NM.
- Mirzayan, A., Ringersma, J. (2010, August). Wichita Lexicon in LEXUS. Presented at the RELISH, Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- Mirzayan, A. (2010, July). Pitch Accents and Phrase Accents in Lakota. Presented at the LabPhon 12, University of New Mexico.