Languages, Linguistics and Philosophy: Philosophy, College of Arts & Sciences
USL Slagle Hall/Auditorium SL 306D
- Ph D, Philosophy, The Johns Hopkins University, 2006
- MA, Philosophy, The Johns Hopkins University, 2000
- BA, Philosophy and Chemistry, University of Colorado, 1996
- Huckfeldt, V., Robson, R. L., (2012), "Ethical and Practical Similarities Between Pedagogical and Clinical Research", Journal of Microbiology & Biology Education, vol. 13, iss. 1.
- Huckfeldt, V., (2011), “Prudence, Commitments, and Intertemporal Conflicts”, Theoria, vol. 77, iss. 1, pp. 42-54.
- Huckfeldt, V., (2010), “Normative Restrictions on Input to Practical Reflection” , Philosophical Papers, vol. 39, iss. 1, pp. 29-52.
- Huckfeldt, V., (2007), "Categorical and Agent-Neutral Reasons in Kantian Justifications of Morality", Philosophia, vol. 35, pp. 23-41.
Awards and Honors:
- USD CTL Course Redesign Fellowship, USD Center for Teaching and Learning, 2011
- Sachs Dissertation Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University, Department of Philosophy, 2003
- Dean's Teaching Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University, 2003
- Huckfeldt, V., Robson, R. L. (2011, October). Equipoise in Pedagogical Studies. Presented at the 2011 Iowa Philosophical Society Conference, Davenport, IA.
- Huckfeldt, V. (2010, October). Living in the Present and the Rationality of Smoking. Presented at the South Dakota Philosophical Conference 2010, Sioux Falls, SD.
- Huckfeldt, V. (2010, April). Universality, Relativism, and Supervenience. Presented at the University of South Dakota Philosoph Symposium, Vermillion, SD.