Mathematics, College of Arts & Sciences
UD Dakota Hall 313
Originally from Groton, SD. Graduated from USD with a BS in Mathematics Education in 1986 , a MA in Mathematics in 1990, began instructor responsibilities for the Department of Mathematical Sciences at the University of South Dakota in 1991.
Undergraduate mathematics courses including College Algebra, Quantitative Literacy, and Calculus I. I have also taught Math Concepts for Elementary Teachers I & II, Finite, PreCalculus and Survey Calculus.
- MA, Mathematics, The University of South Dakota, 1990
- BS, Mathematics Education, The University of South Dakota, 1986
- USD Math Days for Women, Mathematical Association of America -- Tensor Foundation, (2007 - 2008)
- USD Math Days for Women, Mathematical Association of America -- Tensor Foundation, (2008 - 2009)
- USD Math Days for Women, Mathematical Association of America -- Tensor Foundation, (2009 - 2010)
- Van Peursem, D., Keller, C., Pietrzak, D., Wagner, C., Bennett, C., (2012), A COMPARISON OF PERFORMANCE AND ATTITUDES BETWEEN STUDENTS ENROLLED IN COLLEGE ALGEBRA VS. QUANTITATIVE LITERACY, Mathematics and Computer Education , vol. 46, iss. 2, pp. 107-118.
- Vasilevska, V., Wagner, C., (2011), Winning High School Women's Hearts and Minds, MAA Focus/Mathematical Association of America/, vol. 31, iss. 3/ June/July 2011, p. 23 and 24 .
Awards and Honors:
- Outstanding Instructor Award, College of Arts & Sciences/Mary Elizabeth Johnson, 2013