If you are interested in taking a foreign language class at USD and have had previous exposure to the language, it is highly recommended that you take the WebCAPE foreign language placement test. This exam will help to determine which level of the language you should take as your first course.
The results of the exam will be available to your advisor and to the language department.
In order to take the exam, follow the steps below:
- Go to http://webcape.org/?acct=usd.
- Enter the password: coyotes.
- Select the language exam you wish to complete from the drop-down menu and click “begin.”
- Complete the required information (name, email address and your student ID number) and click “continue.”
- You will be asked to answer a practice question and will then be taken to the exam.
- All questions are multiple choice. For each question, click on the letter for the correct answer and then select “Submit Answer.”
- Note: Do not use your browser’s back button or you will be taken back to the registration screen.
- When you have completed the exam, you will be given your score and placement.
- After you have viewed your scores, click “Finished.” Your score will be made available to your advisor and to the language department.
To resume an exam, follow steps 1-3. Enter the required information exactly as you did when you registered and select “resume.”