Psychology, College of Arts & Sciences
USD South Dakota Union 204
- Ph D, Physiology, Biopsychology , University of Chicago , 1962
- Psychophysics, Acoustics, University of Vienna, 1956
- BA, History, Economics , University of Chicago , 1955
- Anderson, G., Berkhout, J., Granaas, M., Canakapalli, S., Gloved Operator Performance Study: The Effect of Hand Wear and Elastic Resistance of a Control During Tracking Performance, Army Research Laboratory, p. 71.
- Berkhout, J., Gregory , W., (2007), Reduction in Tree Stand Assembly Errors with Modified Instructions, Proceedings .
- Berkhout, J., (2002), Seashore Test matericals as psychophysical stumuli: Group thresholds for small differences in loudness and pitch, Proceedings .
- Berkhout, J., Koch, M., Gregory, W., (2001), The Ergonomics of Operator-Votomatic interfaces: Dimples and dangles are equivalent errors, Proceedings.
- Berkhout, J., (2000), Two Mechanisms of Hearing; Two Pitch-Frequency Relationships, Proceedings .
- Berkhout, J., Dell, T., (1998), Injuries at a mental foundry as a function of job classification, length of employment, and drug screening, Journal of Safety Research , vol. 29, iss. 1, pp. 6-12.
- Berkhout, J., (1986), Measuring Learning in Continuing Educatioin for Engineers and Scientists, Journal of College Science Teaching , p. 562.
- Berkhout, J., (1985), Princeton University Press .
- Berkhout, J., (1982), The causes and consequences of high morale , Personnel Journal , vol. 29, iss. 1, pp. 194-197.
- Berkhout, J., Walter, D., (1980), Dimensions of volitional control of interhemispheric coherence of the EEG, Electroencephalography and Clinical Neurophysilogy, vol. 49, iss. 12.
- Berkhout, J., (1980), Endocrine and behavioral changes associated with abrupt drsruptions of work-rest cycles , pp. 212-226.
- Berkhout, J., (1970), Psychophysiological stress: Environmenttal factors leading to degraded performance, pp. 407-450.
- Berkhout, J., Hoshizaki, T., Adey, W., Meehan, J., Walter, D., Campeau, E., (1969), Central nervous, cardio-vascular and metabolic data of macaca nemestrina, iss. 8-38.
- Berkhout, J., Walter, D., Adey , W., (1967), Patterns of EEG and autonomic reactivity to laboratory stress , pp. 125-130.
- Berkhout, J. (2007, October). An die Freude, An analysis of Schiller's text of 1785, Schubert's setting of 1815, and Beetoven's setting in his Ninth Symphony of 1823. Presented at the Humanities Research Forum, Vermillion, SD.
- Berkhout, J. (2003). Setting Paris on Fire: A forensic analysis of the ruins of several public buildings destroyed in May, 1871, during the suppression of the Paris Commune.
- Berkhout, J. (1997, April). Safety Workshop: You CAN select safe workers; A one hour seminar on personnel selection precedures. Presented at the Occupational Health and Safety Conference, Sioux City, Iowa.
- Berkhout, J. (1996, May). Safety Workshop: You CAN select safe workers; A one hour seminar on personnel selection precedures. Presented at the Safety and Health Expo .