Accounting Degree Requirements
General Business Student - Pre-Major Business Core
Each of our majors begins with the freshman/sophomore (First/Second Year) curriculum. During the first two years of a four-year program of study, you will complete the liberal learning requirements of the university and the prerequisites for admission to the business majors.
Admission to the Beacom School of Business Majors
An application to Beacom School of Business majors is submitted to Beacom School of Business Student Services Center in the semester during which you have met the following criteria:
- Completion of 45 semester hours
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.50 or above
- Completion of the pre-major business core (First/Second Year Curriculum)
More Information is available in the Undergraduate Catalog
Accounting Major Requirements*
Program objectives, degree requirements, course requirements and course sequence for accounting majors:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.)
- To be eligible to take the CPA exam under South Dakota's rules (and those of most other states), you must complete 150 semester hours of coursework. This can be met by completing the Master of Professional Accountancy (M.P.A.) degree.
- Four-Year Program Guides