Management, Marketing and Business Law, School of Business
UB Beacom Hall 324
Brent Clark earned his BS in Statistics with an emphasis in Actuarial Science from Brigham Young University in 2004. He then spent three years working as an Actuarial Analyst for Lincoln Financial Group in Fort Wayne, Indiana. After this, he returned to Brigham Young University and earned his MBA with a dual emphasis in Finance and Program Management in 2008. Brent then spent a year and a half working in the Aerospace Industry at Alliant Techsystems Inc. as a program analyst before returning to school to study Management in the PhD program in the Trulaske College of Business at the University of Missouri. He is a member of the Academy of Management and the Strategic Management Society. He has taught the Strategic Management Capstone course since 2009. His research has been presented at national and international conferences and he serves as a reviewer for Strategic Management Journal. He has been an Assistant Professor of Management at the University of South Dakota since August of 2013.
Strategic Management, Technology and Innovation, Financial Literacy
Emerging Technologies, Corporate Governance, Social Media
- Ph D, Business Administration, University of Missouri, 2013
- MBA, Finance, Brigham Young University, 2008
- BS, Statistics, Brigham Young University, 2004
- Clark, B., Robert, C., Hampton, S., The Technology Effect: How Perceptions of Technology Drive Excessive Optimism, Journal of Business and Psychology. (DOI: 10.1007/s10869-015-9399-4)
- Clark, B., Barney, C. E., Reddington, T., (2015), The Ethical Implications of Using Genetic Information in Personnel Selection, Ethics & Behavior. (DOI: 10.1080/10508422.2014.999918)
- Clark, B., Schnatterly, K., Moake, T. (2014, November). Corporate Disorder and Wrongdoing. Presented at the Beacom Scholar Series, Vermillion, SD.
- Clark, B. (2014, September). The Interplay of Legitimacy Gains and Technical Gains in the Adoption of Social Media. Presented at the Strategic Management Society Annual Conference, Madrid, Spain.
- Packard, M., Clark, B., Klein, P. (2014, August). An exploration into the nature of entrepreneurial uncertainty. Presented at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Clark, B., Schnatterly, K., Johnson, R., Johnson, S. (2014, August). The impact of a board level technology committee on technology outcomes and firm performance. Presented at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA.
- Packard, M., Clark, B. (2013, September). Entrepreneurial judgment: A broadened conceptualization of decision-making under uncertainty. Presented at the Strategic Management Society Annual Meeting, Atlanta, GA.
- Clark, B., Robert, C., Hampton, S. (2013, August). The technology heuristic: How technology drives excessive optimism in decision making contexts. Presented at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
- Clark, B., Schnatterly, K., Johnson, R., Johnson, S. (2012, October). The impact of a board level technology committee on technology outcomes and firm performance. Presented at the Strategic Management Society Annual Conference, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Da Motta Veiga, S. P., Clark, B. (2012, May). Can Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter make or break the deal? The role of social media sites in employer reputation. Presented at the People and Organizations Conference, Philadelphia, PA.
- Clark, B. (2011, June). Differential adoption of technology-based practices: Timing and exploration orientation. Presented at the CK Prahalad Special Conference, San Diego, CA.
- Schnatterly, K., Clark, B. (2010, September). Fraud and acquisitions: The more the merrier. Presented at the Strategic Management Society Annual Conference, Rome, Italy.
- Clark, B. (2010, August). Biological information and the changing landscape of behavioral research: Implications for theory, research, and practice. Presented at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada.