The Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC) provides technical expertise to South
Dakota businesses interested in bidding on and receiving federal, state and local government contracts.
A specialty center of the South Dakota SBDC, PTAC provides free government contracting assistance to South Dakota businesses. PTACs form a nationwide network of dedicated procurement professionals working to provide the best value goods and services to government agencies.
- Identifying opportunities for clients
- Assistance with submissions of applications, etc.
- Assistance with bid and proposal preparation
- Post award assistance
- Central Contractor Registration (CCR)
- On-line resources.
- Assistance to small businesses and small & disadvantaged businesses (SDB's) to locate prime contractors who may wish to subcontract with to them
- Assistance to large prime contractors to locate viable subcontractors
Other Assistance and Training:
- Assist with problems and questions
- Assist in locating appropriate specifications and standards, finding buying histories, locating sources of supply and more.
- Coordinate with other state agencies who can provide assistance in other business-related areas.
The SD PTAC has four offices:
- Kareen Dougherty
2329 North Career Place, Suite 106
Sioux Falls, SD 57107
Telephone: (605) 367-5252
FAX: (605) 367-5755
- Jennifer Oberg
Black Hills Business Development Center
730 E. Watertown Street
Rapid City, SD 57701
Telephone: (605) 394-5311
FAX: (605) 394-6140
- Fred Binder
1808 Summit St
Yankton, SD 57078
Telephone: (605) 665-4408
FAX: (605) 661-9827
- Marcella Hurley, MBA, EDFP
Regional Director Small Business Development Center
221 S. Central Avenue, Suite 33
Pierre, SD 57501
Telephone: (605) 773-2783
FAX: (605) 773-2035