S.D. Council on Economic Education
|The goal of the South Dakota Council on Economic Education (SDCEE) is to improve the quality and quantity of statewide economic and financial literacy education.|
We provide teacher training programs, educational material development and effective distribution of resources through a statewide lending library and web page. These activities focus on teaching basic economic concepts to students in kindergarten through 12th grade and to adults through community programs
The SDCEE, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, is part of the outreach services of the Beacom School of Business. Partnerships and affiliations with statewide, national and international organizations, enables the Council to meet the needs of the citizens of South Dakota.
Partnerships & Affiliations
- Citibank, S.D.
- Wells Fargo
- Mt. Rushmore Black Hills Gold Co.
- Butler Machinery Company
- Spearfish Forest Products, Inc.
- Triple 7 Ranch
- Foundation for Teaching Economics
- School of Mines Institute for Atmospheric Sciences
- The University of South Dakota School of Business
- Academy of Finance
- Black Hills State University
- International Association for Citizenship, Social & Economics Education
- South Dakota State University
Workshops are held at various times throughout the year. For information
on upcoming workshops or to obtain resources for teaching economics and
financial responsibility, contact:
Lynne Roach, Ed.D.
SD Council on Economic Education