Areas of Assistance
The Small Business Development Center is the principal business outreach program of The University of South Dakota's Beacom School of Business. A team of professional consultants provide confidential management assistance to the South Dakota small business community in the following areas:
- The South Dakota SBDC offers you personalized consulting that is comprehensive and individualized to meet your particular needs. SBDC consultants are skilled professionals with experience in many areas, including marketing and sales, accounting financial analysis and cost control, personnel, inventory control, business start-up or acquisition and business liquidation or sale. Full disclosure of your financial or other proprietary information to the SBDC helps us provide you with the most effective assistance possible. All information you provide is held in complete confidence at all times.To find a consultant in your area, select the "Regional Offices" link on the menu bar to the left of this page.
- Careful financial analysis is the first step in planning your business's future. SBDC consultants are qualified to help you take financial inventory and assist you in determining your business's strengths, weaknesses, growth potential and capital needs.Our consultants are uniquely qualified to help you explore financing options and can also provide assistance in developing financial plans for banks or investors.To find a consultant in your area, select the "Regional Offices" link on the menu bar to the left of this page.
- South Dakota SBDC consultants are here to assist you in developing a marketing plan. SBDC consultants will help you tap databanks that can provide customer lists, site analysis, sales territory management, demographic information and competitor information to assist you in selling to local, state, national and international markets.To find a consultant in your area, select the "Regional Offices" link on the menu bar to the left of this page.
Small Business Management
- Whatever your enterprise might be, a well-designed business plan can help ensure your success. Preparing a business plan can be a frustrating process. SBDC management consultants can walk you through the proper planning. With this assistance, you can formulate a strategy to help your company flourish.To find a consultant in your area, select the "Regional Offices" link on the menu bar to the left of this page.
- Access SBDC E-Commerce consultants can help you access databases and experts from businesses, universities and federal laboratories to provide information on manufacturing technology advances, manufacturing processes, patents and trademarks and approaches to solving manufacturing problems. Find a consultant in your area.
- Several new tools are now available to provide enhanced assistance to small businesses.To find a consultant in your area that can provide you with access to these tools, select the "Regional Offices" link on the menu bar to the left of this page.