Accounting and Finance, School of Business
UB Beacom Hall 325
Ph.D. from the University of Iowa with teaching experience at Michigan, NYU and Oklahoma. Publish on a regular basis in accounting journals such as The Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research, Accounting Organizations and Society; and Behavioral Research in Accounting among others. I make my home in Vermillion with a wife, Jaysri, two children and two dogs.
Managerial accounting Auditing
Judgment and decision making using accounting information. "Neuro-accounting"
- Ph D, Business, University of Iowa, 1982
- MBA, International Business, University of Iowa, 1977
- BS, Accounting, Drake University, 1976
- Butler, S., Ghosh, D., Individual Differences in Managerial Accounting Judgments and Decision Making, The British Accounting Review.
- Butler, S., (2014), Measuring the cost of an ethics program., Cost Management, vol. 28, iss. 4, pp. 11-17.
- Butler, S., (2013), Do you solve managerial problems in a straight-forward, linear manner or do you break the mold?, Strategic Finance, vol. 95, iss. 2, pp. 48-53.
Awards and Honors:
- Silver Leader Status, Institute of Management Accountants, 2013
- Membership in Beta Gamma Sigma, Beta Gamma Sigma, 2011
- Award of Merit, American Accounting Association, 1991