Paint the Town Red Rules
***If your business would like to participate in the "Painting the Town Red" competition please register online by 5 p.m., Friday, September 20.***
To participate please complete the Paint the Town Red Registration Form.
Prior to the week of Dakota Days, the Executive Board asks community businesses to illustrate their University pride by helping us paint the town red, literally! Any area business is invited and encouraged to participate in this activity. The community competition will be based on the area businesses' illustration of school spirit, Coyote pride, and University tradition. At the homecoming football game, participants will receive recognition and award for their displays. In addition, winners will receive a Coyote Game Day Package. This year businesses will have an opportunity to have a student organization assist them with the contest. Students will help in any way needed, including creativity, design, and application. Campus organizations will be paired with businesses upon request, and may recommend a participating student organization if preferred.
Key Window Painting Information:
- In order for you to be eligible for judging, windows will need to be painted no later than TBD.
- Neither the Dakota Days Executive Board nor participating student organizations will be responsible for providing painting/decorating supplies.
- The contest will be judged on effort, creativity, and incorporation of University spirit and Coyote pride.
- Winners will receive recognition and a "Coyote Game Day" prize package at the homecoming football game.
- All entries must be completed online using the above form.