Parade Rules & Regulations
Registration & Judging
- All entries for the parade must be submitted online by the deadline.
- Any violation of the parade rules will result in the immediate suspension of the groups participating in the parade and/or the loss of an award if the group is a competing entry.
- To be eligible for judging and prizes, you must be checked in by 8:30 a.m. on Saturday. If you do not want your entry to be judged, you must check in by 9:30 a.m. Check-in will be held at the corner of W. Main St. and Carr St. Please approach check-in station from the west.
- Entries will receive a number indicating their entry position prior to the parade. The numbers will be chosen at random, with consideration given to those who complete the registration form by the deadline.
- Floats will be judged on originality, effort, incorporation of school spirit, creativity and overall effect.
- Campus entries and Community entries will be judged separately.
- Walking entries will not be judged, yet must abide by all the parade rules.
- Trophies will be awarded for the first, second and third place campus floats. Plaques will be award for first, second and third place community floats.
Rules and Regulations
- All units MUST complete the entire Parade route.
- ABSOLUTELY NO CANDY OR FAVORS ARE TO BE THROWN FROM FLOATS OR VEHICLES. This creates a very dangerous situations for children running into the middle of the parade route with motorized vehicles. If you want to distribute something, you must use walkers. THROWING ANYTHING FROM A MOVING VEHICLE WILL BE GROUNDS FOR REMOVAL FORM THE PARADE ROUTE.
- All entries must be in good taste and are subject to the approval of the parade committee. If the entry does not meet these criteria, the parade committee reserves the right to refuse participation.
- All animals must be supervised by adults at all times.
- Drivers of motorized vehicles must be 18 years or over and must hold a valid license.
- All motor vehicles must carry proof of insurance. All rules of the road must be followed. Windows, mirrors and light must be visible on your vehicle at all times.
- Drugs, alcohol and tobacco use are not permitted on the University grounds and along the parade route. If conduct is inappropriate, you will be asked to leave and you will be disqualified.
- There must be identification of your group/club on all float and non-float entries.