Health Insurance & Immunizations
South Dakota Board of Regents (SDBOR) requires all international students to have health insurance as a condition of enrollment at the University of South Dakota. SDBOR Student Health Insurance, myHealth is a student injury and sickness insurance policy designed especially for our students. MyHealth can be purchased on an annual basis or by semester. You are required to be covered by myHealth the entire time you are in the U.S. - even if you are not enrolled in classes during the summer, you are still required to be insured. A lapse in coverage will affect your eligibility for future coverage.
All students who meet established criteria are obligated to demonstrate immunity to measles, mumps and rubella.
Relevant criteria that drive the need for compliance are:
- Age: Students born on or after January 1, 1957 must comply; those born prior to this date are excused.
- Course Schedule: Students who register for two or more credit-bearing classes are obligated to comply.
- Academic Background: Students who have completed prior collegiate work in the state of South Dakota initiated prior to July 1, 2008 are excused from compliance.
Acceptable Evidence of Immunity to MMR Includes:
- Immunization record which specifies administration oftwo doses of the MMR vaccine.
- Medical laboratory report that proves immunity to MMR. - i.e., Titer Reports.
You will not be able to register for classes if you do not comply with the immunization policy.
Meningococcal and Hepatitis B vaccines are recommended. Please visit Student Health Services for further information.
If you have questions about Health Insurance and Immunizations, please contact the International Student Services Office at email@example.com or 1-605-677-5332.