- Only recognized, funding eligible organizations are eligible to participate in the budget process.
- All organizations must send a representative to the Leadership Development Seminar each spring to remain eligible for SGA funding.
- Budget hearings for the following organizations will be held in early April.
- E-mail completed Budget Request Form and two preferred meeting dates/times from above to Kathryn Staley, (Kathryn.Staley@coyotes.usd.edu).
- Questions? Contact Kathryn.Staley@coyotes.usd.edu.
Starting a New, SGA Recognized, Student Organization
There are three steps students must take before SGA will recognize an organization on campus:
- Visit the Student Organizations Listing to fill out an interest form. (Click on add or update your organization, enter your USD username/Password and follow the steps to submit an interest form.) Once this is completed, the organization will be granted limited privileges:
- Use of university facilities for up to two informational meetings to garner membership
- Submit a Student Organization Recognition Application Form within two months of submitting interest form.
- Submit a Constitution along with your application form. (sample)
- Web & E-mail Policy & Hosting Agreement
Once these steps have been completed, the SAC will submit paperwork to the SGA Student and Internal Affairs Committee. SGA will then review the application information and determine if the organization is funding eligible. Once declared funding eligible, they may apply for funding with SGA during the regular budget period.
Organizations determined to be a Club Sport must be active for one year before applying for funding. Funding for these organizations is provided by Campus Recreation.
- Each organization will be reviewed every 3 years by the SGA Student and Internal Affairs Committee. The review is to assess if the organization is operating consistently with the way it was intended and to assist with any problems the organization may be having. If an organization chooses not to participate, their privileges may be revoked.
Other Important Information
Reimbursement Form - You will need to attach this form to any receipts you turn in for reimbursement from your SGA on-campus account.