A Resident Assistant (RA), plays an important role in the lives of USD residents. University Housing will post the RA position vacancies on the USD Jobs, Internships, & Work Study page. Please find the link to the online application, as well as evaluation forms below.
- Applications for the 2015-16 academic year will open on January 26, 2015
- Must have a 2.50 Cumulative GPA to apply.
- Must be a full-time USD student with a minimum of 12 undergraduate or 9 graduate credits and a maximum of 16 undergraduate or 12 graduate credits during the time of employment.
- Must have lived in a residence hall setting or other group living environment for a minimum of one semester by the date of Resident Assistant training to apply. Two or more semesters are preferred (spring hires will have training in January, fall hires will have training in August).
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunity to develop transferable leadership skills
- Having the ability to travel and attend conferences
- Residence hall room at no charge
- Designated campus meal plan at no charge
RA Application/Evaluation Form
Step 1: Complete the Application
Complete the above application. Have one of each evaluations listed above (Housing Staff & Additional Reference) submitted on your behalf prior to February 20, 2015.
Step 2: Attend a Mandatory Informational Meeting
All applicants are required to attend a mandatory informational meeting about the RA job. This meeting will help prepare you for the interview process as well as give insightful information about what it will be like to be a RA. Dates, times, and locations will be available each semester via the Jobs, Internships & Work Study page as well as on informational posters.
Informational meeting dates:
- Applications open January 26
- Applications close February 20
- Informational sessions in the residence halls and the MUC, February 9 - 13
- Groups process, March 1
- Individual interviews, March 2 - 5
Step 3: Attend the Individual and Group Interview Process
The group interview process will be held on designated days. During the group interview, you will work with other Resident Assistant candidates to complete a series of activities to allow the staff to get to know you better. If you are unable to attend the group interviews we will do our best to set up an alternate interview, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to consider your application.
All communication will happen via the email address provided on your application.
Step 4: Wait for Notification
After completing the application and interview process, it is just a matter of waiting. The process will take a few weeks. If you are selected, you will be contacted by a member of the University Housing staff with additional details.