Coyote Village LEED Certification
The University of South Dakota is committed to sustainability in its construction of campus facilities and major renovation projects.
Coyote Village Awarded LEED Gold CertificationCoyote Village was awarded LEED Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) for achievement in green building and design. The building has been designed based on the sustainable guidelines established by the USGBC Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). By following these guidelines, the building will reduce its impact on the environment and provide a healthier environment to live in.
News Release, June 10, 2010
LEED-Certified Buildings are Designed to:
- Lower operating costs and increase asset value
- Reduce waste sent to landfills
- Conserve energy and water
- Be healthier and safer for occupants
- Reduce harmful greenhouse gas emissions
- Demonstrate an owner's commitment to environmental stewardship and social responsibility