Living in the residence halls is a perfect way to combine lessons learned in the classroom with life outside of the classroom. You will be close to everything on campus, and research shows that students who live on-campus graduate sooner than those who live off-campus.
The South Dakota Board of Regents (BOR) residence policy requires that during the first two years after they have or would have graduated from high school, unmarried students enrolled in six or more credit hours delivered on any main campus must live on campus. In some circumstances such as students with dependent children or those who live full-time with their parents, students may be exempted from their Regental obligation. In order to be considered for a BOR/USD Housing Exemption, students must complete the Housing Exemption Form within the Online Residence Hall Application and follow all instructions set forth in the document.
- Student submits appeal to University Housing, Muenster University Center, Suite 219
- University Housing staff will respond to the exemption request, in writing, within five (5) business days
- If the student wishes to appeal this decision, the student may submit a written appeal to the Interim Director of Housing. Student may send this written appeal via email to Todd Tucker (Todd.Tucker@usd.edu) or via the U.S.Postal Service to:
University of South Dakota
c/o Todd Tucker, Interim Director of Housing
Muenster University Center, Suite 219
414 E. Clark St.
Vermillion, SD 57069.
- Interim Director of Housing will respond, in writing, within five (5) business days.
- If student wishes to appeal this decision, they may appeal, in writing to the Vice President for Marketing, Enrollment and Student Services. The appeal should be sent to:
Vice President for Marketing, Enrollment and Student Services
414 East Clark Street, Belbas 310
Vermillion, SD 57069
- Vice President for Marketing, Enrollment and Student Services will respond in writing.