Rules & Regulations
As a recreation facility that caters to students, faculty, staff and community users, following the rules and safety provisions set up by the Wellness Center is very important. A current and valid University ID card or registered membership is needed to enter.
Recreation activities include basketball, volleyball, flag football, racquetball, tennis, soccer, running/jogging, weight lifting, cardio machines, swimming, aerobics, yoga and spinning. The following rules are in place for these activities:
- Anyone under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Day passes are available for $5 with an ID and signed waiver.
- Only white or light-colored soled athletic shoes are allowed on wood floors. No sandals, open-toed shoes or boots are allowed in any activity area.
- Dress Code Policy: Shirts required at all times.
- Cell phones are not allowed in open view in the men's or women's locker rooms.
- No spitting on floors, walls, water fountains, restroom sinks, etc.
- Headphones must be used with all personal radios and other electronic listening devices.
- The possession, use and/or distribution of alcoholic beverages, drugs, tobacco products and dangerous weapons are not allowed in any facility, as defined by the University's Student Code of Conduct.
- Bicycles must be stored in the racks provided outside the facilities (please lock your bike).
- The Wellness Center is not responsible for any personal items left unattended and/or unsecured in any facility. Personal items may be locked in day-use lockers that are available in both the men's and women's locker rooms.
- If community members receive a parking ticket and do not pay their parking ticket, membership to the Wellness Center will be terminated until the ticket is paid in full.
- Outside groups or individuals will be prohibited from promoting or marketing a product or service that has not been endorsed by the University of South Dakota or the USD Wellness Center.
Failure to abide by these policies and/or regulations posted in facilities or requests made by any campus recreation employee can result in ejection or suspension from the building and program privileges.
Certain activities are prohibited in the Wellness Center during recreational hours. The list below provides examples; however, the Wellness Center office reserves the right to ban any activity they deem unsafe.
- No baseball/softball activities.
- Baseball/softball bats and baseballs/softballs are not allowed.
- No activity of any kind is allowed on the concourse.
- No flying of electric or battery powered model planes.
- No flying of paper airplanes.
- No organized boxing or related mixed martial art activities.
- No wrestling.
- No golf.
- No skateboards.
- No rollerblades (exception for MAC).
- Non-USD teaching instruction is not allowed.
- We strongly discourage any outside equipment inside the Wellness Center for recreational purposes.
- No outside food or drink.
- No balloons of any size.
- Animals are not permitted in facility, except trained service animals.