Online Associate's Degree
- For automatic admittance to an associate's degree program, first-time college or university students, under the age of 24, must submit 1) an official high school transcript or GED and 2) ACT or SAT scores and 3) meeting one of the following criteria:
- Ranked in the top 60 percent of high school graduating class
- ACT composite score of 18 or higher on the enhanced ACT or SAT score of 870 or higher or the SAT reasoning Test Math and Critical Reading subscores total 870 or higher
- Earned a cumulative GPA of 2.6 (on a 4.0 scale) while in high school
- Completed the General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with a combined score of at least 2250 and a minimum score of 400 on each test
- For automatic admittance to an associate's degree program, first-time college or university students, over the age of 24, must submit 1) an official high school transcript or GED and 2) ACT or SAT scores, and 2) meet the following criteria:
- Received a high school diploma or GED
- Transfer applicants from regionally accredited colleges or universities:
- Will be admitted if they have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA (on a 4.0 grading scale) for previous college or university coursework (official transcripts required)
- Some programs may require a transfer GPA higher than the minimum
- The dean of the school or college to which you are applying will evaluate applicants with a GPA under 2.0
In addition to the documentation outlined above, transfer applicants must submit official high school transcripts, official transcripts from each college or university previously attended, and ACT or SAT scores (not required if applicant is over the age of 24).
- Former USD Students - Readmission to the University of South Dakota:
- If you wish to apply for readmission to the University of South Dakota and USD was the last school you attended, please submit the Automatic Reentry Application.
- If you wish to reapply for admission and USD was not the last school you attended, please re-apply using the regular Admission Application.