The Division of Continuing & Distance Education administers College-Level Examination Program ® (CLEP) exams to current USD students. CLEP testing gives students the opportunity to receive college credit for select courses by earning satisfactory scores on a CLEP exam.
The exam, which tests your skills on the coursework for which you would like to gain credit, is given on the computer at the McKusick Technology Center, Room 201. Please call 605-658-6140 to schedule an exam. We offer CLEP exams by appointment Monday - Wednesday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. University Center in Sioux Falls, SD also administers CLEP exams. Visit the UC Testing Center for more information.
USD Policies Regarding CLEP Examination:
- You may take a CLEP exam only if you have graduated from high school or successfully completed a GED examination.
- CLEP exams are given by appointment only. You must make an appointment with the Division of Continuing & Distance Education Testing Center to take an exam. We offer exams by appointment Monday - Wednesday 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Payment must be made to USD for $40 and a payment of $80 to CLEP before the test (Students need to pay the $80 for CLEP check or money order only and the $40 cash, check or money order).
- You must provide one form of picture I.D. (driver's license, student I.D. card, etc.) and CLEP Ticket at the time of testing.
- Descriptions, advice and sample questions pertaining to CLEP exams may be found online at The College Board Guide to CLEP Examinations. A hard copy of the publication is on reserve in the USD I.D. Weeks Library.
- You may earn up to thirty (30) semester hours of CLEP credits towards a degree from USD.
- USD allows students to retake CLEP tests after a period of six months.
- USD CLEP policies, prices and score requirements are subject to change.
- We recommend students to talk with an advisor to see if CLEP is the right option for them before scheduling a CLEP appointment. If you have questions about CLEP testing, please contact the Division of Continuing & Distance Education at email@example.com or 605-658-6140.