Dual Credit Course: BADM 101
The University of South Dakota and the Beacom School of Business have partnered with Premier Bank Card to offer BADM 101: Survey of Business as a dual credit course.
What is Dual Credit?A dual credit course is a college course taken by a high school student for which the student earns both college and high school credit at the same time. By participating in the dual credit program, it enables students to make substantial progress toward their college degree before finishing high school.
This course will provide an introduction to the business environment and the language of business. We will explore the various functions of businesses and how the programs available at the Beacom School of Business support each of these functional areas.
- Demonstrate an introductory understanding of the business environment, its language, and the role of business in our lives.
- Students will gain an introductory understanding of:
- terminology of basic business disciplines
- role and importance of the basic business disciplines
- the global impact of business activities
- importance of high ethical standards in business decision making
- current trends in business
- Understand course concepts and their application in today's business environment. We want to gain an understanding of each of the business disciplines and their role in the integrated framework of the business organization.
Survey of Business Student Resources:
Online Orientation Packet Step-by-Step Accessing Your Online Course Desire2Learn Login Demo